FPC COVID PROTOCOLS: FOR THIS SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25
WE ARE CURRENTLY AT HIGH RISK: MASKS REQUIRED IN WORSHIP
MASKING PROTOCOLS ARE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CURRENT CDC WOOD COUNTY THREE-TIERED THREAT LEVEL: LOW, MEDIUM & HIGH. THIS IS THE PROTOCOL RECOMMENDED BY THE CDC FOR PUBLIC INDOOR SPACES.
You may wonder (understandably) wonder why church is the only place you are being required to wear a mask, besides the hospital. In addition to continuing to follow CDC Guidelines as we have throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, there are additional factors unique to our worship hour that actually contribute to making it higher risk for transmitting COVID than a visit to the grocery store, or even to the hospital.
- We currently have 70 – 100 in person worshippers, on average, [some of whom have traveled out of state, even country] all together in one room for an hour (sometimes more😊)
- We have a much larger proportion of elderly folk than the average population who are at higher risk
- We sing enthusiastically multiple songs throughout worship
Following these guidelines, we have been sharing the peace of Christ, without transmitting this virus during worship, quite successfully since we reopened for worship in April of 2021, thanks be to God.
IF YOU HAVE ANY COVID SYMPTOMS, WORSHIP LIVESTREAM ONLINE OR BY CABLE
APPROVED BY SESSION ON MARCH 23, 2022:
- IF YOU HAVE ANY COVID SYMPTOMS, WORSHIP ONLINE OR BY CABLE TV. Our worship service is available via these platforms.
- MASKING PROTOCOLS WILL BE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CURRENT CDC WOOD COUNTY THREE-TIERED THREAT LEVEL AS FOLLOWS:
- When at High Risk; masks required.
- When at Medium Risk; masks recommended.
- When at Low Risk; masks optional.
Those who choose to continue to wear a mask, regardless of threat level, are fully supported in that choice.